Focus on the customer through value proposition development and organizational realignment
- A division of 200 people of a large pharmaceutical company was focused on increasing R&D investment by attracting Global business.
- Needed to move that balance to focus resources on both supporting local commercial business and delivering on Global goals. This required a significant shift in behaviour.
- Selected external consultants to partner with.
- Managed interaction with consultants and acted as project manager to move towards the development of a value proposition and a new organizational structure.
- Developed change management plan and actions incorporating Global and local stakeholders.
- Identified and managed a second set of consultants to provide expertise in moving the leadership team behaviours to match the new value proposition.
- Project managed the resulting overall organization change including one workstream to develop a new operations department.
- New organization was in place by end of year.
- Extended leadership team (40 people) were fully engaged in new direction.
- Stakeholders were excited about new direction.
- VP of division “You have an open mind and an unlimited belief in being able to get things done. Thanks for turning so many of my thoughts into action. Without you the operations department would not have existed nor would the Division have embraced “enhance” (Lean Sigma program).”
- There continued to be an ongoing movement in this direction.